Stay tuned for information on Bowen’s Science Day 2022!!
Participating in Science Day is still easy and fun! Simply decide on your project, register and get busy! You can work alone, with parents, or team up with classmates. Or, you can just join for an exciting day of science. Everything you need to get started is below!
EXCITING FOR KIDS: Share something you think is cool about science! Your presentation can be an experiment you try, an invention you create or a hobby you enjoy. Work on your own or with a team of friends or siblings from any grade.
EASY ON PARENTS: Projects should be kid-quality! You can design your own project, get inspired by these kid-friendly science web sites, or choose one from the list created by Bowen parents and teachers. The rules are simple. And, each project will get a free project board! Check out this website about project boards, and see Bowen poster boards done in past years for ideas. Projects were shared in 2021 using Flipgrid, which is user-friendly and already used by many Bowen students. Stay tuned for more information on Science Day 2022.
FUN FOR EVERYONE: All students are invited to create a science project! Even if you don’t create a project, come to the online event or explore the Flipgrid pages and check out what your friends have done!
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: To reserve space for sharing a project, you must register (information coming later in the year). Parents and guardians will be contacted by e-mail to confirm registration.
From 2021: What was different about Science Day?
Science chaos in the Bowen gym? We love nothing more! But, like with so much, we had to adjust some things. So what was different last year? It turns out, not too much!
- Students got to do real hands-on science projects on any topic they choose? YES!
- Friends shared a fun afternoon of science? YES!
- Scientists in lab coats checked out your project? YES!
- Everyone got a free poster board? OF COURSE!
- Students will shared their projects on an easy-to-manage platform, Flipgrid, and also at the Science Day Online event.
We even got to do a few NEW things last year!
- The traditional classroom Science Day kickoff experiments were done via Zoom so the whole family could enjoy!
- Using Flipgrid, Science Day projects were be shared online for a week. Family and friends who live near and far could check out your discoveries!
- Projects had fewer restrictions and didn’t have to fit into a 2’x3′ space. By using Flipgrid to share our projects, students could make a video presentation, google slides, give an explanation using poster board, or any combination.
- Science Day was an online event! Students shared their Flipgrid presentations or demonstrated live during our Zoom event with friends and scientists.
How do I get started?
- Decide on your project. Here’s a list of sites to check and ideas to get you going.
- Register your project (information to be shared later in the year)!
- Get moving to discover!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
ALL YOU NEED TO GET STARTED ON SCIENCE DAY